In 2016, Automakers reportedly recalled a record 53.2 million vehicles in the United States, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Truck manufacturer recalls have been on the uptick for the past three years. Let’s review the U.S. recall data from the past few years:
- 2015: an estimated 51.2 million vehicles were affected by recalls, an average of 2.4 recalls per day and 140,274 vehicles affected daily.
- 2014: an estimated 51 million vehicles recalled, an average of an average of 2.1 recalls per day and 139,726 vehicles affected daily.
- 1996 to 2013: annual truck manufacturer recalls ranged from 10.2 million to 30.8 million.
From airbags to brake valves to steering units, truck manufacturer recalls are flooding out on a daily basis. With a large, diverse fleet, a fleet manager can find the task of staying up-to-date on the onslaught of recalls next to impossible. Missing these key recalls can cause risk to your drivers, cost your business money and reduce the life of your truck.
3 Ways a Preventive Maintenance Plan Can Help You Stay on Top of Truck Manufacturer Recall:
- Leave the worry to the experts. Having a preventive maintenance plan in place is good for your trucking business for a multitude of reasons. One main plus is the management of truck manufacturer recalls. The pros at Wiers can take the pressure off of you, keeping you updated of recalls.
- Have a plan when a recall occurs. When you receive the notification of a recall, your next challenge may be getting service and parts scheduled for your fleet. If you already have a plan in place with a proactive partner like Wiers with over five decades of experience, your fleet’s downtime will be reduced and unexpected surprises won’t hurt your bottom line.
- Avoid risk and increase the longevity of your fleet. Busy fleet managers have a lot on their plate. If a recall is missed, your entire operation could be exposed to risk and your life of your fleet can be significantly reduced.
Avoid the safety risks and unplanned downtime that can come with a reactive plan for truck manufacturer recalls. By trusting the Wiers team to help your trucking business stay on top of the latest recalls, you’ll save money and reduce risk. Contact Wiers today to develop an affordable preventive maintenance plan to manage recalls and so much more!