Wiers Works With Junior Achievement
It’s no secret that children are the future. Not only does Wiers believe in our children’s futures, but we support them in any way we can. Most recently, we completed our 2019 instructional partnership with the Junior Achievement organization. For several years, Wiers has sponsored the chapter in Plymouth, Indiana and could not be happier with the enthusiasm and potential of the 23 students of Stacy D.’s class this spring.
Junior Achievement is a national and worldwide program that provides students real-life knowledge and hands-on skills and experience needed to succeed in a global economy. Enveloped into the existing school curriculum, Junior Achievement focuses on providing strategic direction, developing consumer skills, and making overall responsible decisions. The following are the founding core values:
- Belief in the boundless potential of young people
- Commitment to the principles of market-based economics and entrepreneurship
- Passion for what we do and honesty, integrity, and excellence in how we do it
- Respect for the talents, creativity, perspectives, and backgrounds of all individuals
- Belief in the power of partnership and collaboration
- Conviction in the education and motivational impact of relevant, hands-on learning
Wiers has proudly supported Junior Achievement for the past several years and is among 23 other local businesses to do so. This year, our own Dave F. and Kelly G. served as Wiers representatives and classroom instructors for the students. They covered a variety of topics in their thorough curriculum and Wiers even provided a truck this year for a visual to better ground and enhance the lessons.
We’re so excited to see what the future holds for all of these bright young students, and wholeheartedly support the mission of Junior Achievement. Learn more about their mission at www.juniorachievement.org/.